Lauren's Craft Day

Saturday, September 24, 2011

This week I am veering from my usually fitness and nutrition posts to blog about a recent project I worked on. I guess my sister angela is inspiring me! While perusing around Ikea I found a cute fabric that would be great for chair cushions on my dining room table. With my wonderful cousins help (thank you Lydia) I was able to work on this project.


1. We folded the fabric over and cut a little bigger then the size of our chair pads 



2. We then cut two long strips of fabric about 2 inches long and pinned them in half for the tie. We then sewed the edges and folded the strips in fourths so we could get four chair ties. We did this twice for the other two chairs



3. We then sewed around the edges of the fabric and made sure to sew rounded edges so the cushion would fit snug. We then pinned the open end and sewed it together with the ties on each end

4. Here is the final product 




I am very happy with the result and think it goes very well in our dining room! Maybe I can do this whole crafting thing a little more often!



3 comments:

  1. They turned out so so cute Lauren! Thank you for trusting me to help you with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. L-Train! I love those, they are so darling! And you say you aren't crafty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, I love them! I would love LOVE it if you got into crafting!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.